Onlays, Crowns & Bridges
If you have a tooth that is all decayed, broken, discolored or has a large old failing silver filling, you may benefit from having an onlay (porcelain filling) or a crown (cap).
Onlay is more conservative then a crown and requires minimal removal of tooth structure. They are indicated in situations when decayed or damaged area in the tooth is large and conventional filling is not an option. Onlays are usually made of porcelain and are processed in a dental laboratory. They are much stronger then composite (white, tooth-colored) restorations and bonded to the tooth structure.
Crown is a dental restoration that is placed over a tooth when conservative restorations (filling) is insufficient to restore form and function. Porcelain crowns can also correct the shape and improve a shade of the discolored tooth as well as realign overcrowded dentition.
Bridge serves to replace a missing tooth or teeth. Another indication of a bridge to splint loose, periodontaly involved teeth. This type of dental restoration usually consists of crowns placed on either side of the missing tooth (gap) to connect the replacement tooth or teeth to them. Besides filling the space and improving chewing function, a bridge also solves the cosmetic issues that arise from missing a tooth or teeth.
Tooth Colored Restorations
Have you heard about mercury containing dental filling also known as silver filling? Do you have them in your mouth? Do you feel that these restorations make your teeth look gray and prevent you from smiling? Have you noticed that eating certain food causes unpleasant taste in your mouth?
Years ago amalgam/silver filling was the only restoration of choice. At the present time we use tooth-colored, also known as composite restorations, which blend naturally into your teeth so you can smile and speak with confidence. These highly durable, strong resin fillings preserve and protect tooth structure by bonding to the tooth. These white filling do not expand or contract from slightest changes in temperature (as when you eat or drink something cold or hot) and do not introduce cracks and fractures into the teeth. Composite filling contain no mercury or any metal and do not alter a taste in the mouth.
At Cambridge Square Dental we care about you smile as well as your overall health. We think that tooth colored restorations, besides looking natural are also a healthier restorative alternative. Please call Cambridge Square Dental to discuss your options to replace your old silver fillings with modern aesthetic, more attractive and environmentally friendly restorations.
Did you loose your teeth due to trauma, decay or gum disease? Dr. Yana Nemtseva has a secure and aesthetic way to replaced them with Dental Implants.
An implant is a natural looking artificial single tooth or several teeth that are placed in the jaw bone.
The benefits of dental implants are numerous.
- Esthetics, of course, is the number one reason patient will opt for an implant. Nobody wants to have gaps and spaces in the mouth. If your missing teeth for a period of time your cheeks and lips will fall in and the face will look asymmetrical. Dental implants will restore facial symmetry.
- With implants your chewing ability will improve significantly.
- Dental implants will not alter your ability to taste food.
- Implants are the most conservative option out of all available alternatives for replacement of missing teeth. With implants adjacent teeth remain unaltered and do not require any grinding.
- Implants will prevent other teeth from shifting.
- Implants maintain the existing bone structure.
- Dental implants do not decay and with proper care might last longer then you natural teeth.
- If you have loose dentures, implants will dramatically increase stability of the existing prosthesis and improve your ability to speak and chew.
- Dental implants are much stronger and more stable than other alternatives
With the high success rate of 95%, dental implants became a preferred treatment of choice for majority of patients. Please call Cambridge Square Dental to schedule your free Implant consultation with Dr. Yana Nemtseva.
For patients who are not candidates for Implant restoration or a bridge, Dr. Yana will fabricate a removable denture that will fit precisely in the mouth and will make your smile look better as well as restore the function.
Another restorative option would be to have a bridge. A bridge serves to replace a missing tooth or teeth. This type of dental restoration usually consists of crowns placed on either side of the missing tooth (gap) to connect the replacement tooth or teeth to them. Besides filling the space and improving chewing functions, a bridge also solves the cosmetic issues that arise from missing a tooth or teeth.